Details to be confirmed.
The Rip Curl West Coast Classic is a mobile surfing event held in March at Marrawah and nearby coastal areas. It is Tasmania's premier surfing event.
The Southern Ocean is renowned for producing big swells and each year West Coast Classic surfers find themselves taking on waves from one to six metres in height. Some years have seen "Hawaiinesque" conditions.
The event features 12 divisions, from super groms to legends, with the main event being the Men's Open division.
The West Coast Classic event has been contested annually for some 30 years.
For further information visit the 'Australian Events' page at www.ripcurl.com.au
Tasmania’s Gone Nuts 101 Adventure Run will commence on one of Tasmania’s most recognised and visited icons, The Nut, at Stanley, in Tasmania’s North West corner. The race will hug coastline, climb through Rocky Cape National Park and traverse rugged coastal bush and calming temperate rainforest. You will be challenged by diverse landscapes, encounter native wildlife and birds, and witness some of the most spectacular coastlines imaginable. In this part of the world, rolling green farmland drops over cliffs into the pristine waters of Bass Strait. The beaches are also as diverse as they are unique, with sections of long white sandy beaches, small crescent shaped bays and rugged rocky bays formed by volcanic eruptions millions of years ago.
- Date 26th January 2022
- Venue Circular Head Australia Day Awards will be held at Circular Head Community & Recreation Centre, Smithton from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm. (This is a free event! Please register/book via Trybooking.
- Fireworks will be held at 9:15 pm over Duck River
- Contact Circular Head Council 03 6452 4800
- Time 10 - 12 noon for awards.
A spectacular day on the Foreshore by the Duck River. A day for all the family to enjoy.
Come and join in, or sit and relax by the river and experience the annual Twilight on the Duck activities, music and entertainment.
- Date Saturday 27th November, 2021
- Venue Stanley Show Grounds, Stanley Tasmania 7331
- Times Gates open at 7:00 am
- Prices Adult: $12.00, children: $5.00 (4–14 years), children under school age are free
- Please note that family tickets are not available to purchase on show day. Family tickets are only available through purchasing a Circular Head Agricultural Society membership ticket prior to show day.
Membership to the Society available by contacting the Secretary on the details below.